The deadline for abstract submission is 30 April 2018.
The deadline for registration is extended to 20 June 2018.
This international workshop focuses on conceptual and methodological advances underlying the computational design and discovery of novel materials and aims at attracting and gathering researchers on a worldwide scale.
The workshop is organized in 10 sessions covering electrochemical interfaces & catalysis, halide perovskites, topological insulators, multifunctional oxides, methods beyond DFT, high-throughput searches, metal organic frameworks, two-dimensional materials, sampling, and machine learning.
The workshop is sustained by a series of outstanding keynote lectures and will be further enriched by contributed talks selected among submitted abstracts from the participants. The workshop thus aims at providing a showcase of the current status of research in the computational study of materials.
The workshop is organized and hosted by the National Center of Competence in Research (NCCR) MARVEL, an effort funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation for the Computational Design and Discovery of Novel Materials.
- Ryotaro Arita (RIKEN, Japan)
- Andrei Bernevig (Princeton University, USA)
- Silvana Botti (University of Jena, Germany)
- Gábor Csányi (University of Cambridge, UK)
- Marc Koper (University of Leiden, The Netherlands)
- Arkady Krasheninnikov (Aalto University, Finland)
- Georg Kresse (University of Vienna, Austria)
- Frank Lechermann (University of Hamburg, Germany)
- Caroline Mellot-Draznieks (Collège de France, Paris)
- Jeff Neaton (University of California, USA)
- Michele Parrinello (Università della Svizzera italiana and ETHZ , Switzerland)
- Mariana Rossi (Fritz Haber Institute, Germany)
- Michiel Sprik (University of Cambridge, UK)
- Mark E. Tuckerman (New York University, USA)
- Alfredo Pasquarello and Nicola Marzari
- Ulrich Aschauer
- Michele Ceriotti
- Clemence Corminboeuf
- Claude Ederer
- Stefan Goedecker
- Juerg Hutter
- O. Anatole von Lilienfeld
- Daniele Passerone
- Ursula Roethlisberger
- Thomas Schulthess
- Berend Smit
- Alexey A. Soluyanov
- Nicola Spaldin
- Philipp Werner
- Oleg V. Yazyev
Please contact Nathalie Jongen if you need more information about this event.
Low-volume newsletters, targeted to the scientific and industrial communities.Subscribe to our newsletter